Cabbage is amazing. :)
It is easy to make, delicious to taste and incredibly nutritious.
No wonder it’s our go to ingredient for this Russian dish called piroshki.
If you give it a try and find that you like it, let us know.
And if you want to try other ingredients, go wild, the sky is the limit.
Grams + Hoki
- two eggs (to cook)
- one egg yolk (for piroshki)
- one cabbage
- one onion
- cooking oil (your choice)
- a can of dough
- some flour
- salt & pepper
- boil some water and add salt
- place the cabbage to boil
- take the eggs and boil them as well
- chop the onion
- drain the cabbage
- mix the cabbage and the onion
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and turmeric to taste
- dice the eggs and top them with the rest
- open up the dough and roll it out with flour
- wait for the cabbage to cool and scoop on the dough
- fold it up and stack it up on the baking sheet
- brush some egg yolk on top of piroshki
- bake at 370F until golden