2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
several pinches Kosher Salt for Potatoes
1 Sweet potato, washed
3 large golden Beets, scrubbed clean with roots and leaves trimmed – peel & cut into 1/2 inch wedges
1 small white or yellow Onion, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of Coconut oil
3 cups of organic Vegetable broth
2 cloves of Garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon Coriander
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Tumeric
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground Pepper
1 cup raw Cashews
2 teaspoons Apple Cider vinegar
1/2 fresh squeezed Lemon juice (you can substitute a lime)
1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Tip: The cashew nuts and apple cider vinegar are what make this taste so wonderful. You can use other nuts but make sure at least half of the nuts are cashews.
3/4 cup loosely packed fresh Mint leaves, Dill, and/or Sage (use any variation)
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf Parsley sprigs, (or Basil)
1 large Scallion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup extra-virgin Olive oil
2 tablespoons Water
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Tip: If you use more herbs than the measurements above be sure to add more olive oil. For every half cup of herbs you go over add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Be sure to add salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle lined baking sheet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cut potatoes in half, length wise.
- Coat potatoes all sides with olive oil and salt, and place cut side down on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle potatoes with turmeric and additional salt.
- Bake at 450°F for 30 minutes until done. Check with fork for doneness.
- Place beets, onion and garlic on a large piece of foil on a baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil and season with cumin, coriander salt and pepper. Fold foil around beets and crimp ends to form a packet. Roast until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine the beets, onions, garlic, sweet potato and vegetable broth; puree until smooth in either your blender or food processor. Serve with sides
- In a food processor add herbs in batches and pulse until finely chopped.
- With motor running add olive oil in a stream, then water and salt, blending until incorporated.
- Place cashews in a cup or small bowl, and cover by a 1/2 inch with boiling water. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain cashews and place in a blender with vinegar, lemon, salt and about a 1/4 cup of water. Blend until very smooth, adding more water as required to puree the mixture.